i feel like such a bum: i just laze around all day. i need to find a job but am unmotivated to do so. im also disgusted at seeing the "war" coverage on my 2 fuzzy highly-biased tv stations. fucking collusion between the government and the media. the u.s. (yet again) subverts the first ammendment and most americans will never know who am i kidding, most americans probably wouldn't care...
some recent thoughts:
- could capitalism be behind gay and lesbian opression? well, what do capitalists need? cheap labour. families produce cheap labour and 2 parent families for the most part support themselves without help from the government. a lot of gay and lesbian partners do not spawn, and single parent families sometimes need aid from the state (food stamps, wic, etc.) driving up taxes for capitalists - taking away from the bottom line.
- We are experiencing a wave of nationalism in this country, though most talking heads would have us believe it is patriotism. Whats the difference?
Patriotism: Love of and devotion to one's country.
Nationalism: Devotion to the interests or culture of one's nation.
hitler inspired nationalism, bush inspires nationalism.
- what is so wrong with the following beliefs?
- Rejection of all forms of coercive control and authority
- A theoretical economic system characterized by the collective ownership of property and by the organization of labor for the common advantage of all members.
above, the definitionisms =) belong to the following words: 1. anarchism 2. communism
we have been taught that those are both to be feared, but there are obvious problems with our current system and i think these are alternatives worthy of a second look.